From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Quiet Week

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I've posted anything and I actually have nothing new to report.  We are still in "neutral" just waiting for our RA.  All along, I really thought we'd have it October and be working with our travel coordinator by now.  Instead, after the delay for our missing document, it is almost Thanksgiving and still nothing.  It has been SO difficult to read other family blogs with a similar timeline as ours to find out that their RA's arrived nearly a month ago.  I shouldn't even be comparing our journey to others, I know.  There a handful of people we've sort of connected with that I hoped we might be traveling with.  Now, I doubt that will happen.  My hope still rests in the Lord.  He knew this happen before our journey began.  And there's a very good reason because His plans are perfect.  I just wish I knew what it is!  Why is it so hard to wait?  Not that life doesn't stop.  I'm just as busy with my family as ever and time seems to be going quick.  But sometimes, that's just it.  Time is ticking away and Maggie is continuing to grow and change and we don't want to miss out on anymore of her life than we already have.  Unlike a pregnancy, when you wonder for those 9 months what color their hair will be, who will they be the most like, etc.  We are in love with a few photos of  her sweet face and the brief  history we have of her.  I feel in my heart I know who she is and we want her here so much!  That's our child on the other side of the world, whether she came from my womb or not.  My heart will not rest until we have her with us.  For those of you reading, we covet your prayers! 

This week was quiet in that we didn't receive any news.  Also, I've had sick children this week.  One missed everyday of school this week.  So, in that sense, it has been quiet also.  It's amazing how just 1 out of 3 being down makes such a difference.  She's a lot better now.  Back to school tomorrow!  I wake up most mornings thinking, "Lord, will this be the day?  Will we get our call in order to get our visas and travel arrangements in order?  Will this be the day?".  At any rate, each day is a day that the Lord has made.  I can't say exactly that each day I have been "glad in it", but I am learning to depend more on Him.  I'm learning more to let him take control of the things I have no control over.  The other day, someone said, "You must be a very patient person".  I just smiled.  Ha!  They have no idea that I certainly am not!  This is a very "teaching" time in my life.  I'm accepting (slowly but surely) its better to be "teachable" than to be kicking and screaming against everything. 

To everyone out there, Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope your week is filled with good times with family, good food and a time to stop and truly be thankful.  This is my favorite time of the year.  I am thankful in my heart for so much and I outwardly don't show it enough!  Next, the anticipation of Christmas!  Each year gets better and better.  By next Christmas, we'll have one more at the table, one more in the family photo card and one more to teach what Christmas is all about.  We can't wait!

Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.  I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue.....but surely God has listened and heard my voice in prayer.
                                                                                                                     Psalm 66:16-19

....But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what he already has?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.                                                                                     Romans 8:24b-2

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
                                                                                                                      Psalm 71:14

No comments:

Post a Comment