From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Monday, November 7, 2011

A Sweet Day

Our missing document has made it to China!  We got word from our agency today that our papers arrived in Beijing this morning and will  be delivered directly to the CCCWA.  Thank you, Lord!  I hope now that you all will help us to pray that this paper will go to the right place, to the hands of the right people and that our RA will be issued soon.  Yay!  What a good way to start a Monday!  We don't know the reason for this hiccup, but with the Lord's help we continue to trust and find joy in this journey. 

Another reason the day was sweet is because my baby turned 6 today!  On Monday, November 7, 2005, one of the four most beautiful children in the world was born.  No one knew the amount of joy she would bring to our family.  It feels like it was just last week that it was November 2005.  Time is flying and her daddy and I can't slow it down.  I've shared with you in an earlier post about her being strong willed and our little firecracker.  She has so many attributes that I can't name them all.  She's a tiger in the mornings, she can argue with the best of them, she's leader and not a follower and yet she's a softie when it comes to small children and animals.  So much personality in one little package!  I wish she was still that newborn in the hospital.  I'm selfish.  I just want to keep all my kids little.  Most days they drive me crazy and there are moments I wish they were a little older and more independent.  But overall, I can't imagine life without a small child in the house.  I'm so glad we will be welcoming a toddler! 

I took cake and cheetos to her kindergarten class today.  And she opened a present when we got home.
She has been counting the days down to today for a while now.  She's been so happy getting her phone calls from family and looking forward to having her friends over this weekend for a party at home.  Mondays are our busiest day of the week after school.  We go from one extracurricular activity to another with barely time for supper in between.  This evening I was running around my kitchen trying to fix something before it was time to go again and she kept begging me to sit down at her little table with her because she had a surprise for me.  It was her day, so I sat down.  She handed me a gift she'd wrapped all by herself.  It turned out to be one of her story books, but hey, it's the thought that counts.  Then she sat a lunchbox on the table and unpacked 2 peanut butter sandwiches (that she made herself) and 2 bottles of water.  She told me she had packed this picnic supper just for me and her since I had done all those nice things for her today.  I wouldn't trade that picnic supper for any amount of money in the world!  On a normal Monday, I would've probably put her off in order to get things done around here.  We ate our peanut butter and talked about her day.  I was reminded then that every good and perfect gift is from above (James 1:17).  My daughter's sweetness is perfect and priceless!  Happy Birthday, Sydno!  Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can say! 

Since our picnic, I can't get the Cinderella song by Steven Curtis Chapman out of my head.  Kevin loves it, but it brings him to tears everytime!  God has taught me today to "stop and smell the roses in life" I guess you could say.  You never know what blessing you may miss.  Before we know it, our little princes and princesses will be grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment