From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Monday, November 28, 2011

RA Is Here!!!!

Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.                   Proverbs 25:25


We got the call today!  Our referral acceptance arrived at our agency and we've had an afternoon of much excitement!  As you can see, we are now able to post her precious photo and we will be able to share more about her with you all.  We're pretty sure she's the most adorable little girl in all of China. :)  There is still more paperwork to be done (imagine that!) and a little more waiting as we prepare for travel.  AWAA is guesstimating at this point that travel will be in late February or possibly early March.  Of course, I pray ultimately for God's perfect timing and at the same time, I am hoping for February.  I think I've shared in a previous post that her birthday is February 23.  She will be turning 2.  I hope so much that we will have her by then. 

For once, I guess I'm sort of at a loss for words in this post.  I'm still trying to process the whole afternoon and what needs to be done this week.  More signatures on documents and deadlines that have to be met as every piece of paper, at this point, is very time sensitive.  Each time another step is made in this process, I am once again humbled at the fact God has led us here.  He really, truly has led us to this place, to be the parents and family to this little angel.  There's a place in her papers that says "Identity: institutionalized child whose birth parents cannot be ascertained".  That sentence nearly took my breath away.  A door closed, for whatever reason, to her birth family has opened a door for us.  And again, I wonder, why us?  My goodness!  What a blessing to be chosen for this child! 

Monday is a busy day of the week for us with the kids extracurricular stuff and beside all that, we celebrated our RA and we are actually getting snow tonight!  In November!  School has already been cancelled for tomorrow and my kids have not came out of the clouds over that yet!  I will post more about our sweet girl tomorrow.  Right now I'm ready to snuggle up with my family and say, "Bring on the snow!" 

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?   Psalm 8:3-4

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights.....James 1:17
                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment