From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 4- She Smiles

Here's a few pics we took just today. The first one is of our Sleeping Beauty this morning. The next one is where she smiled and giggled a little playing peek-a-boo and the third one is daddy getting her to warm up to him a little with some French fries. Well, maybe the pics are all out of order. I'm still learning to blog on this crazy iPad. We have so much to share about our adventures here and plenty of pictures to post, but all that will have to wait until I get home and can upload them on the laptop. There's so much beautiful scenery here in this province and then again in most areas so much poverty. This is one of China's poorest places. We've gotten a lot of stares from people. Here we are...5 American families walking around with Chinese babies. Some people smile and wave, some just get right in your face and stare, some try to talk to you and some even point and laugh. I have to say, little Miss Maggie has got a lot of attention even among the Chinese. They comment on how cute she is and what a lucky baby she is to come to America. Little do they know, we're the lucky ones! Some of the old people get her attention by blowing kisses and waving to us. A LOT of people want to photograph you if you're American! I got a bit harassed yesterday at the monkey zoo. As I'm typing it's 4:00 in the afternoon here and 3:00 in the morning at home. Still so strange. We are going out with our group for pizza at 5:00. That and KFC are the only western places here and trust me, Chinese food gets old after one day! Love to all of you at home. Continue to pray for our safe travels and health. And especially Maggie bonding with Kevin. Also, she won't get in a stroller, highchair or shopping cart right now. I'm really afraid of the drive from Nashville to home. I figure she'll have a fit when I put her in a car seat. Please help us pray for that. Here there is no seat belt or car seat law. Well, good morning to whoever is reading and goodnight from the Dyes here in Guiyang.


This is the Lord's doing; And it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:23

No comments:

Post a Comment