From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Friday, March 16, 2012

Ni Hao from Detroit!!!

Off to a bit of a rocky start....our plane was scheduled to leave Nashville at 6:12 last night, but due to storms it was delayed for 2 hours. Our flight from Detroit to Beijing was also delayed, but not enough for us to make the flight. We landed here in Detroit about 15 minutes after our Beijing flight took off. Oh yes, and I was in tears. The next flight to Beijing is tonight. After looking at different flight options and with different airlines, this flight is the most practical. There were no other flights to get us there significantly earlier. So.....we've missed out on a day of sight seeing with our travel group in Beijing. Not the end of the world or anything....just frustrating to not be there as planned. Now, let's look at the glass as half full. We got some sleep last night in a hotel, we're already here at the airport today, there's a Starbucks around every corner and this airport has places to shop! Yay!!! Today is Kevin's birthday and I have to say I'm glad I have him all to myself. We've walked around, shopped, drank Starbucks, people watched and he played a virtual game of golf at Pebble Beach. We're still one day closer to getting our girl and thankfully this bump in the road hasn't altered any plans other than a day of sight seeing. We are scheduled to arrive in Beijing at 11:40 pm (China time) and the very next morning we are scheduled to fly out of Beijing to go to Guizhou and get Maggie! No room to adjust to China time. Just pick up our daughter and keep going. Oh well, I'm used to life being that way with children :-) For whatever reason our plans got changed here in the beginning, I am thankful. Not so much last night when it was all taking place, but after some rest and a lot of prayer I know that God knew all this and planned all of this himself. I have to trust his reason. There was a lot of rough weather around Nashville as well as Detroit last night and I'm thankful we are safe. Now, let's try this again!

For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11

2 comments:

  1. Hate you won't get to tour Beijing....but there will be always be next time when you go back for #2....I mean #5 :))) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, did you ever think that you would celebrate your birthday in another country around the other side of the world, while having a new baby? Isn't God's plan great?

    Jill

    ReplyDelete