From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Sunday, March 18, 2012

We Are Not In Tennessee Anymore!!!

HOLY MACKERAL!!! (that's redneck for oh my goodness). The journey that God has taken us on the past few days is filled with all kinds of emotions and right now Crystal, Maggie and myself are drained. After 3 days of traveling, missing flights, bad weather, 9600 miles,19 hours in the air and 3 days without my kids we finally meet Miss Maggie Mei-Ling Dye. We rushed from Beijing to Guiyang province got off the plane, meet our guide, got on 2 buses and headed to town to meet our princess. When we meet our guide he told us that our children were waiting on us and we were going to get them, right then, in just 15 minutes. My heart done a double back summersault and my stomach drew up in knots. At this point I could tell Crystal was getting emotional. We got off the bus and rushed up stairs and when we got off the elevator and walked through that door my eyes meet hers and we were overwhelmed. One of the most (5 my wife and kids) beautiful sites I had ever laid eyes on was looking back at me. She was a little upset at first but know she won't even let Crystal out her sight. She's not sure about Dad yet but she did let me feed her.
All I can say is God is AWSOME!!! My favorite verses in the bible are in Psalms 62:1-12, in verse 5 the psalmist says "find rest in God alone, my hope comes from Him. (6) He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (7) My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. (8) Trust in Him at all times , O people pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. We are a blessed people and we in America take that for granted Some of the things that we have saw over here is mind-blowing. WE ARE BLESSED!!! As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
Please pray for Crystal, she is so exhausted and emotionally drained that she is not feeling good. Pray for us cause we really miss our children. God Bless from China!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your baby girl is beautiful!!! Kevin cracked me up starting this post with We are not in TN anymore!! Can you say culture shock. Someone asked me on our first trip, what is different....and I paused and said NOTHING is the same!!! And it does make you realize how much we take for granted in the US! We are blessed and just don't know how much! Crystal, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, the jet lag is hard on you but hopefully in a couple of days it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys. :) I cannot wait to meet my new precious cousin.

    ReplyDelete