From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 6- Leaving Guiyang

Today we leave our daughter's home province. We're happy to be moving on, but it's a little bittersweet to take her from all she's known. Our flight to Guangzhou is at 7:00 tonight. Have I mentioned the weather here? We landed in Beijing to find snow and we landed here to find 70 to 75 degree days. The Chinese people have been all bundled up like it's winter and us Americans have just about melted! Mainly since we've walked almost everywhere and I've carried around an extra 20 or so pounds on my hip! :-) Lots of women carry babies in a sling, but with the heat, I figure it's the same as carrying her in my arms. Wouldn't you know our last day here it's only 42 degrees? Our guide, Michael, told us the name Guizhou means "expensive sunshine". Typically it rains a lot in this province and normally they never have sunshine more than 3 days in a row. He was right. The sun definitely shined on us while sight seeing. Guangzhou weather is supposed to be low to mid 70's while we're there also. Kevin and some of the guys in our group went out shopping for shorts. It was so funny the looks we got from the store workers. Not only did they think we were crazy, but most of them didn't even sell shorts! Well, Maggie is starting to come out of her shell. She offers kisses to both mommy and daddy now without being bribed and she is such a monkey at times! We've gotten lots of smiles and giggles since yesterday. She also likes feeling Kevin's whiskers and pinching his chin. Some things we'll just have to work on when we get home! Right now we're in survival mode and daddy will take whatever attention he can get. Keep on praying, though. She still won't let him hold her. Or sit anywhere but my lap :-) Here's a couple of pics from today and one pic from our tour of the Asian village yesterday. These are our guides, Michael and Kathy. They are both college students here are super kind and sweet! Kathy is so little and cute. She reminds me of the Skipper barbie doll. I told her she should come to America. We've also gotten very close with the rest of our group and their children. Everyone's stories are all different yet designed by the Lord for such a time as this. They have all become precious to us. Love to you all at home. Next stop- Guangzhou!

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at these sweet pictures of you! Maggie is just beautiful. I know you are missing your other sweet babies. Praying for all 6 of you. Can't wait to see that new addition!

    ReplyDelete