From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16






Saturday, March 17, 2012

We have arrived and survived!

We made it to Beijing around 11:00 pm and finally made it to our hotel and checked in around 2:00 am. It's daylight hours at home, so I'm tired, but really feeling like it's time for bed yet. We left Detroit at night and arrived here at night, so we really haven't seen anything yet. And by the way, it's snowing here! Around 3 inches are on the ground. Oh yeah, very glad I missed the Great Wall and the outdoor sight seeing that was planned. Our hotel is very nice and somehow we're in an executive suite. Yay us! Tomorrow (well really today I guess) our flight leaves at 12:05 pm for Guizhou. Soon after, we meet Maggie for the first time. It will be quite emotional I'm sure. Pray for us as we deal with this time change. I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Alright Crystal....It's 9am on Sunday here, so its about 10pm there on Sunday, which means you have little Maggie! I keep hitting refresh, hoping for some pictures soon. I pray that little Maggie has a easy transition and God will give her comfort. Can't wait to hear about your Gotcha Day. Yesterday the 17th was Rachel's 3rd Anniversary of her Forever Family Day. Your lives are gonna be so blessed by this journey! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete